1. Support and promote coastal protection energy conservation and renewable energy and oppose near shore oil
2. Continue wise management of Laidlaw Preserve, including improvement for education and documentation of species diversity.
3. Continue to work to gain a regional Audubon Center.
4. Seek a conservation lease or aquatic preserve for West Bay.
5. Work toward implementing Wildlife/National Seashores in Bay County; work with the county to preserve more passive use recreation areas on environmentally sensitive land.
6. Support greenways and multi-use trails in the Central Panhandle region, including a regional master plan.
7. Continue projects to enhance the protection of coastal birds, Panama City Crayfish and other protected species.
8. Monitor transportation corridors for conservation needs.
9. Work to re-capture lapsed members; promote active chapter participation locally and at Audubon Assembly and Academy, and better inform the community of chapter activities. Expand electronic communications when at all possible.
10. Promote youth bird watching through community outreach at schools, scouts, Science& Discovery Center, etc.
Bay County Audubon Society
Chapter Goals for 2011-2012
All of our goals are within reach if we work to make them happen.
If you would like to work on any of these projects, call any board member or officer, or come to